Holy Trinity w St Paul (Sheerness)
NOTE that all public worship services are currently suspended
until further notice due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
Sheerness church is open for private prayer on Tuesdays 11am to 1pm.
For all details of other events at all our churches, look for the 'Notice Sheets' link, under the 'Services' drop-down.
Holy Trinity was one of twenty churches built in the ten year period from 1832 to 1841. It was dedicated by the then Archbishop of Canterbury on the 30th August 1836.
In the early 1960s the old St Paul’s Church in Blue Town was demolished and the congregation, after a brief spell at the Dockyard Church, and then a hall type church in St George’s Avenue, merged with Holy Trinity, and since then we have been known as Holy Trinity with St Paul, Sheerness.
The panelling on either side of the door at the west end of the church and the altar were once part of the Royal Dockyard Church in Sheerness.
Attached to the church is the church hall, which was recently refurbished (honest) and is used by the uniformed organisations for their weekly meetings and by many other organisations for fund raising events.